Pilates for Mothers
Safe postnatal strengthening training for new mothers Mother Pilates safely improves your strength and control
With Postnatal Pilates, you train your postural and pelvic floor muscles after childbirth. Women experience different challenges and we focus on training the deep abdominal muscles, stabilizing the pelvis and stretching the chest muscles and correcting the posture. Learn to improve strength and control to feel good in a safe way.
The Benefits of Pre natal Pilates
- A safe form of exercise to regain the strength of your inner abdominal muscles as long as you follow the current guidelines and wait 6-8 weeks after a vaginal birth or 10-12 weeks after a caesarean section.
- Regain confidence in your new body after pregnancy and childbirth. The focus is on regaining stomach strength and flexibility and not on how you look. Pilates largely avoids high impact, high power output, and heavy muscular and skeletal loading.
- Improves diastase as about 30% of women still suffer from 8 weeks postpartum. Diastasis, the thinning of the connective tissue near the navel, is improved by strengthening the deep abdominal muscles.
- Regain control of the body again during the time after childbirth when you still have quite a bit of control over the changes in the body, your sleep patterns and above all your energy level. It’s nice to feel that this training hour is for focusing only on YOU!
- Strengthens the pelvic floor muscles which counteracts stress, incontinence and prolapse.
- Good for your overall well-being because this class is focused on recovery after pregnancy and does not push the body to a degree of exhaustion before you are ready for it which can do more harm than good.
- Build community by meeting other moms who are in a similar situation to you. Have a coffee and hang out after class!